Sunday, September 12, 2010

Guns and Hoses!

Casey and I bought new mountain bikes this last week, becuase biking is somthing we really love to do together, and up until now we have only had road bikes, and have been wanted to get mountain bikes forever, just for a little change of scenery. So we decided to try them out! Turns out I'm really not quite used to the mountain bikes, I've been riding a road bike for the last two years, and really struggled with my mountain bike and the rough trail we went on. I enjoyed it however, and will have to keep trying!


Our sweet bikes!
Last night the Child and Family Support Center held it's annual Guns and Hoses Softball Tournament, where a few teams of Police officers play a few teams of Fire fighters in softball for a traveling trophy, and to which all the proceeds go to the center. My whold family came to support the cause, Casey got to play 3 games on the Center's team, and I got to sell concessions with Kylee and Melissa, who is in the circle of friends with me. Unfortunatly it was the same night as the Aggie game so not as many people came to the event, but it was still alot of fun, and I'm happy to be apart of the Circle of Friends, and to be able to take part in helping the center raise money. And just to let you all know we will be having a race on October 9th, called the Trick or Treat Trot, there will be a 10k, 5k, and 1 mile, and also a costume contest! So come run, wear a costume and support the cause!! Contact me, or go online to Al's sporting goods to register for the race, it's going to be alot of fun!!!

Casye and Me before the tournament

Kylee and I selling concessions

Me and Amanda

Kylee, Mom and Melissa

Casey on 3rd!
Jackie-Chan-Pine-Tree, Jaydale, and Dad

4 comments:

Sam, Tom, and Nate said...

Sounds fun! I wish we could have come! I forgot to get back to you, we had to go do baby stuff! Stressful! We'll plan something soon!

Chelsie Sanders said...

Looks like fun! Did you guys win the game? I'm glad you like mountain biking, I didn't ha ha. Can't wait till tomorrow!!

Gardiner said...

miss yur face. miss sitting at blackstone and laughing so hard that we were annoying.... wait, i think that was all the time. luff you

Gardiner said...

ha, i wish! believe me, we are trying! but i promise that i will tell you and you won't have to find out on my blog, that would be a bitch move and i am more of a friend than that