Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Grammy's Spot

Well we finally got my Grammy's new headstone put up, and I love it! Really wish it wasn't there yet, but if it has to be, I'm glad it looks like this!

This rock is from my Grandpa's farm, and has resided at the home my Grandpa built for my Grandma and himself for all the years they lived there, and now it is with them still. The rock was cut in half and they sit side by side with pictures engraved to best describe what they loved in this life. On my Grandpa's side is a Tractor tilling a feild with his windmill circle "P" symbol, and on my Grammy's side a rocker with an afagan since she loved to rock, and crochet, a rose with pearls around it (Anyone who knew her knew she loved her bling!) and hearts that say together forever, since her and my Grandpa were sealed together forever!

This is my whole family on Memorial Day, we went down together to check out the new headstone. People brought lots of flowers! She was loved!! I miss her so much, and it still doesn't even seem real that she is gone, I don't know if it ever will. Visiting her headstone just felt like staring at a rock with her name one it. I know I am truely blessed to have had her in my life, and am very greatful that I will see her again someday. I know she is up there watching over me and my family.

After we visited her, we went back up to my parent's house and celebrated Chantry's birthday!! He felt really silly blowing out all the candle's, but that's how we do!! I'm glad my sister found such a good guy to share her life with, and I am so excited for their little one to arrive, Chantry will be a good dad!

No comments: