Thursday, July 22, 2010

Caves, Baseball, and Mom's 50th

Well last weekend was a busy one for me and Casey! Casey has been working so hard these last couple of weeks, he goes to work at the office, comes home and goes straight to his Grandma Jorgensen's to re-do her roof, coming home at 9 or 930, so he has been putting in very long hours! But while he works, I work a little, and then play alot! Last week I took my niece Kylee, and my nephew Wyatt hiking up to the Wind Caves up Logan Canyon. It was Wyatt's first time hiking, and he hated it at first, but once we got to the top he loved it! He thought it was like the coolest thing ever, he didn't want to leave. I guess it was a little learning experiance for him, that work can be hard, but in the end it's worth it!

Me Wyatt and Kylee in the cave!
Me and the First time hiker!!
Friday night on the 16th, we went down to Salt lake to the bee's game with our friends Holly and J'Dee, and picked Tom and Sam up on the way, and met Kraig and Kourtney there with their cute little baby boy! We had such a good time catching up, and not really watching the game! After the game we all felt like we needed some ice cream so we went to Baskin Robbins, and I ate a yummy American Birthday Cake flavored ice cream! Casey and I had a blast and hope we can get together again soon!!
My Sweetheart.
The Girls!
The Guys!

Tom Sam J'Dee Holly Casey Me Kraig and Kourtny
Saturday I spent the day with my sisters getting last minute preparations for our mom's surprise 50th birthday party the following day. We had to pick up 65 balloons, which was pretty fun packing into our cars!

Finally Sunday, the day we had long prepared for was finally here! But first Casey and I had to attend Derick "Bubba" Pond's mission farewell, his older sister Kalei is a dear friend of mine (and she is also pregnant, I'm so excited for her and Dave!!!), and I haven't seen her in so long, so we finally got to get together and visit! Bubba's talk was really great, and he was about to make Chelsie and I cry! It was such a fun time, and Kalei, and kalei's mom Julie, and whoever else that helped, made a yummy lunch for all who attended!

Chelsie Kalei and I

We held my mom's party at a neighbors barn with a large loft, and decorated the theme as a Black and White party. We also put on the invitations (Which my very good friend Chelsie designed so amazingly!! Don't know what we would have done without her!!) That everyone please wear only black and white! Which everyone did! It looked so awesome and classy! My mom wore pink so that she stuck out, and so many people came to wish her a Happy 50th, I think she had a really great time!! We had also made a movie for her, and instead just interviewing people like we've done in the past, I had the idea of acting out in skits recreated all of my mom's quirky little sayings, and it turned out so funny, when we watched we were all laughing so hard that we were crying! Happy 50th mom!!
Jaydale Amanda (being tall!) and I posing for a picture before everyone got to the party!
Me Jaydale and Amanda with our lovely grandma!
Mom with the wonderful ladies that run the child and Family Support Center!
Mom with most of the friends she grew up with!
Mom with all her friends!!
Dad and Mom!
The Whold family!
Mom and Grandma! I'm so glad she could be there for this!!

3 comments:

Chelsie Sanders said...

It looks like it was a fun party!! I want to go on a hike!! Wanna go on a Wednesday morning?

Sam, Tom, and Nate said...

I'm glad to see an update :) It kept me busy for a minute! We'll have to plan out our camping trip for next month! (or whatever we do) Can't wait!

Dave and Kalei Robbins said...

Ohh, I'm glad I made the blog! Haha! I hope you are still planning on the temple in a couple weeks. Let me know what works best for you!