Monday, April 4, 2011

Cake Crazy!!

Well Jaydale, Kylee and I have been taking some Cake Decorating classes, where we learned to frost and fill cakes and cupcakes, make different kinds of flowers out of roses, and types of boarders. We have been having alot of fun with this class and I have been practicing at home a little bit. I made a cake last week for practice will all the different flowers I have been practicing, so I just put them all on one cake, turned out very colorful! But I took it to sunday dinner, and made my family support me by eating it! I told them they will probably be eating a lot of cake for a while so I can practice! Casey was not thrilled by this, becuase he is shaping up for his Triathalon in May, but oh well, he will probably eat it anyways! This week we are starting the Fondant class, we'll be learning out to work with Fondant and Gum paste. Hopefully we can become really good at this so Jaydale and I can make her wedding cake in october. I'll keep you all posted on my Cake decorating Adventures, Hopefully I get a little better than the pictures below! But those are just fun practice cakes that were nummy to eat!


My third cake.


My second Cake


I didn't show a picture of my first, because it was before I knew how to do flowers or boarders, so it is pretty ugly, and also it was amanda's birthday cake! Sorry it didn't look as good as these ones!!

3 comments:

Sam, Tom, and Nate said...

Those look good! I took the first class and I was not very good at it! I wanted to retake it now that I have a little more time. I am impressed :)

MARNIE HAMMOND said...

They both look great! how fun

Holly Adams said...

Hey Amy, thanks so much for the comment about my grandpa, I really appreciated it. I am sorry to hear about your grandma as well, it is always hard to say goodbye to those who mean so much to you. Your cakes are so cute! I love the flowers, they look so good! I desperately need to learn how to frost a cake right, mine never seem to look very good!