Saturday, April 16, 2011

CFSC Dinner and Auction 2011

Some of you may know that My Mom and I volunteer at the Child and Family Support Center in the Circle of Friends. The Circle of Friends is a voluteer organization that comes together to organize all the fun Fundraisers! The most recent one we organized was last night at the CFSC's annual Benefit Dinner and Auction. I thought of the theme this year, and I chose "Wild Wild West!" Last year when Casey and I went on a ride with my parents to Promintory Point, they had lots of pictures set up of old saloons and things like that, and I thought hey! What a fun theme for next year's auction! Everyone loved it! Let me just tell you a little about the Center and what they do!







The Child & Family Support Center recognizes the prevention of child abuse and neglect as a community endeavor and views its services as collaborative with other local efforts. The CFSC has also established reliable stand-alone resources for the specific population—vulnerable children and families—that our nonprofit organization was created to serve. The CFSC considers its foremost focus and priority to be the safety and well-being of children and their fortifying family structures. The CFSC asserts that every child should have the privilege to grow up in a healthy, secure family environment within which to realize his/her full potential. However, families often need intervention, supportive community education, therapeutic programs and other services to assist them with the challenges of raising their children and handling the problems that arise. The CFSC believes that accessible crisis and respite care, evidence-based and well-researched prevention activities and proactive education represent essential, measurable and cost-effective strides toward viable resolution of abuse issues. We are committed to: preventing abuse and neglect of at-risk children protecting abused children from further harm and danger stopping cycles of violence and promoting stability to the greatest extent possible by facilitating and reinforcing development of healthy family systems.

I really Beleive in what this Center does! It's such a great place for kids to go to feel safe, but also that it is committed to Strengthening families is so Awesome! My family is so close, and how wonderful it would be if all families could be like that!

Now here's the fun stuff from our night last night! There is so much that goes into this Dinner and Auction. So many great people and businesses donate so many things for us to auction off, and it's amazing the money the Center brings in for this! This year we had Michelle Andrews, and her mom Joyce Murrey, and Daughter Hailey do the Decoration, and they did awesome! Everyone kept saying how this was the best auction yet! My mom gathers all the Auction items in her Basement and puts them all together into baskets, and other things. The night before my sisters and I helped wrap all the baskets, and that is quite a job! I was in charge of photos this year, So I took pictures of everyone one that came in that wanted their picture taken with John Wayne! It was fun! I dressed up as a Saloon Girl, and Casey was my Outlaw! My whole family dresses up every year, and it's so fun that we can do that together! My mom recieved an award for Volunteer of the Year, and I was so proud of her! She really beleives in what she does, and truely loves what she does!


We started going to these events in 2007 and I think this has been the most fun so far! I'm sure we will go for many years to come! Now here are some fun pictures of our evening!


2 comments:

Chelsie Sanders said...

You looked so cute! Love the dress! I'm glad it turned out good!

Gardiner said...

cute. miss you!