Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bridal Showers!

Last night I had one of the funnest Bridal Showers! My neighbors, and past young women's leaders, Joan, Patty, Janeatte, and Shelly threw me the cutest shower! All my family friends, and casey's family friends came, and we all had a great time. They did this little game, where they secretly interviewed Casey without me knowing, and videotaped his answeres, so that they could ask me the same questions, and after I answered, I also got to see his response as well. They asked us questions such as how we met, when we knew we were the ones for each other, and how he proposed and such. And not many of you know that much about me and Casey, so I'll be happy to spell it out for ya!!
Casey and I met on March 29th 2008. I was at my friend Kacee's wedding when I recieved a call from my sister saying, "Hey I gave that Casey across the street your number and I think he's going to call you tonight!!" Instantly I said "What how did this happen!?" Well apparently Casey was out getting his mail that day, and my sister, Amanda, who at the time lived across the street walked out to him, all 6 months pregnant and asks "Hey! Do you have a girlfriend?" He looks at her like, uh aren't you married? And pregnant? But said "uh....no" instead. She replied "Not for me! For my sister! She's really cute and I think you should call her." He really didn't know what to think, didn't really like the idea of the blind date stuff, but said "sure" anyways. So she showed him a picture of me, and he agreed that yes, it would be a good idea to call me!
So after I get that call from my sister, I decide to wait for the call, but not really expect it. But turns out that i missed it, and got a voicemail instead. When I listened and found out the voicemail was from him, I was ecstatic!! I couldn't beleive someone that hot was calling me! How lucky was I! So naturally I call him back, and apologize for missing his call, and see if maybe he would like to hang out when I got home. He said yes! So when I got home, I put on a sweater and pants, because for some odd reason in March, he thought a fire, and roasting marshmallows was a good idea! But i went along with it anyhow. So there we sat in his back yard for hours, getting to know eachother, and I found that he was one of the easiest people I could talk to. We met that night, and have been together ever since!!
I'm very excited to spend the rest of my life with him, even though he hates OUR dog, Skooter! But I'm excited to move into our condo, and paint and decorate and do these things together, and figure out life together! I love him so much, and I literally do not know what I would do without him! I'm thrilled that he is someone that is worthy to take me through the temple, and that I have to opportunity to be sealed to him, and our future children for eternity. I can't imagine life with out him, or even death. He is the one I know that I can start my family with, someone I want to have a family with, someone to go through all the "burnt dinners" and poopy diapers, and crazyness with! Someone that I can't live without! I love My Casey!

3 comments:

The Davis' said...

No..unfortunately Dustin and I won't be able to make it home for your wedding...but we will be there in heart! :) xoxo...we are coming home for a week around Christmas time, so I'm sure we'll see you at Grandma's xmas party right???

Kai and Kimberlee said...

Amy... He sounds like a sweetheart! Glad you found somebody so special!

Chelsie Sanders said...

ah how sweet!! :) It's so weird.. is this my friend Amy talking??? jk I'm happy for you