Tuesday, November 25, 2008

18 Days!

Only 18 more days! It's taking for freakin ever!! Both my mom and I are getting pretty stressed out about the wedding plans! We were going to put a false ceiling in the church gym that our reception was supposed to be held at, but we asked the stake president of Wellsville if it was possible to put 12 tiny little unnoticable hooks at the top of the wall. He naturally had no idea what we were talking about and said no. What a jerk right? My mom told him it was for a wedding, and then two other weddings after mine wanted to do the same thing, and he replied "well maybe I won't let people do weddings in the church anymore then!" He said many more uncalled for things, and was very rude and unproffessional to my mom, but i won't discuss that further. But it does go to show that he thinks that he can just do whatever he wants because he is a man, he holds the priesthood, and is a church leader. It's completely gone to his head, and I am discusted.
On a different note, we found a much better place to hold the reception. We're now having it a Blackstone. The new lady schedualing the banquets was very accomidating, and very nice, and willing to work with us in whatever we wanted to do! So it's definatly less work for us! It worked out ok.
Yesterday we closed on our condo! Signed my life away! yay! ha but we won't be able to paint and clean and move in till Dec. 1st. I'm stoked. I am so excited to get in there and decorate!
It's getting close! I'll soon be the Mrs. Casey Jorgensen. He didn't want to be Mr. Amy Nelson, not matter how much I tried to convince him, so i'm stuck with that.

3 comments:

Gardiner said...

i can't believe you said that about your stake pres and the priesthood on your blog.... you nut! Sucks about your reception? You gonna print all new announcements? Let me know if you need anything.

Shannon said...

Hey this is Shannon (Case) Tolman. I am so glad you said that about the Stake Pres. He is such an ASS. Ya I know that is bad to say, but there's no other way to put it. He caused all sorts of drama around my wedding too. I can't stand him. We all used to be freindly neighbors, but now I can't even look at him. All his authority has gone straight to his big head. Anyways thats my vent, Good luck with everything else.

Daryl and Ashley said...

Am I not good enough to add to your list of friends? He He